Krewe du Bleu
Krewe du Bleu – A Feast for Your Senses
At Blue Mountain School, we focus on developing a strong community among our students, staff, and families. One of the ways we do this is by sharing food together during monthly celebrations, daily during snack and lunch, and even at our staff meetings. As we share food, we also share conversations, stories, and each other’s company.
We want the guests who attend our exclusive Krewe du Bleu Mardi Gras Dinner to feel the same sense of community with each other. You may not know any of the other guests when you first arrive, but by the end of the meal you will!
The evening begins at 6:00 as guests are welcomed to the party. After finding a seat at a luxuriously-decorated table in the Voodoo Lounge upstairs from Dogtown Roadhouse, you will enjoy sharing a number of Chef Richard‘s authentic New Orleans dishes. As you dine, learn about the history of Bayou cuisine from Chef Richard (of Classic Caterers and Longfin Grill), and relax with the musical musings of local musicians. We’ll wrap up the meal with a traditional King Cake before you head downstairs to the ball room.
2020 Krewe du Bleu Menu - Coming Soon!!
Check out some of the menu items from previous years!
- Cajun Smothered Pork Chops
- "Gumbo Z'Herbes" - Creole Kale & Collard Gumbo with Smoked Chicken
- Shrimp, Swordfish, and Soft Shell Crab Etouffee over Ellis Stansel Popcorn Rice
- Red Beans and Rice with Grilled Chayote Squash, Creole Onions, and Flamed Sweet Peppers (vegan)
- Delta Slaw - Mobile Palm Cabbage, Kale, Carrots, Mirliton, Sherry Vinegar, Raw Cane, and Seville Orange Vinaigrette (vegan)
- Sweet Potato Souffle (vegan)
- Green Beans, Onions, and Peppers (vegan)
- Artisan Breads
- Creole Bread Pudding with Whisky Sauce
- King Cake