Krewe du Bleu
At Blue Mountain School, we focus on developing a strong community among our students, staff, and families. One of the ways we do this is by sharing food together during monthly celebrations, daily during snack and lunch, and even at our staff meetings. As we share food, we also share conversations, stories, and each other’s company.
We want the guests who attend our exclusive Krewe du Bleu Mardi Gras Dinner to feel the same sense of community with each other. You may not know any of the other guests when you first arrive, but by the end of the meal you will!
The evening begins at 5:00 as guests are welcomed to the party. After finding a seat at one of Floyd Rustic‘s hand-crafted and luxuriously-decorated tables, you will enjoy sharing a number of Chef Richard‘s authentic New Orleans dishes “family style” with your neighbors. As you dine, learn about the history of Bayou cuisine from Chef Richard, and relax with the musical musings of local musicians. We’ll wrap up the meal with a traditional King Cake before you stroll over to the Ball.
Chef Richard is hunting down the tastiest ingredients and pondering his favorite recipes to develop a unique and authentic meal for you. Until the 2018 Krewe du Bleu menu is ready for its reveal, we’ll tease your taste buds with last year’s line up.
Last Year’s Menu
- Po’boy Samplers
- Cajun Kale and Collard Gumbo with Homemade Andouille and Root Vegetable Stock
- Oyster and Crab Bienville Casserole
- Red Beans and Rice garnished with Grilled Boudin, Grilled Chayote Squash, Creole Onions, Flamed Sweet Peppers
- Delta Slaw with Mobile Palm, Cabbage, Kale, Carrot, Mirliton, Sherry Vinegar, Raw Cane, Seville Orange Vinaigrette (Vegan)
- Sweet Potato Soufflé (Vegan)
- Spinach, Shallot, Leek, Fennel and Fresh Cheese Soufflé with French Bread Croutons (Vegetarian)
- Herb and Cheese Biscuits some with Tasso
- King Cake
A very small number of tickets are available for this event and sold out last year, so don’t wait to get yours!
Dinner tickets are also available for purchase at Blue Mountain School, Monday through Thursday from 8:30 to 3:30.
Thank you to our dinner sponsors, Skyline National Bank!