Krewe du Bleu
Krewe du Bleu – A Feast for Your Senses
At Blue Mountain School, we focus on developing a strong community among our students, staff, and families. One of the ways we do this is by sharing food together during monthly celebrations, daily during snack and lunch, and even at our staff meetings. As we share food, we also share conversations, stories, and each other’s company.
We want the guests who attend our exclusive Krewe du Bleu Mardi Gras Dinner to feel the same sense of community with each other. You may not know any of the other guests when you first arrive, but by the end of the meal you will!
The evening begins at 6:00 as guests are welcomed to the party. After finding a seat at a luxuriously-decorated table in the Voodoo Lounge upstairs from Dogtown Roadhouse, you will enjoy sharing a number of Chef Richard‘s authentic New Orleans dishes. As you dine, learn about the history of Bayou cuisine from Chef Richard (of Classic Caterers and Longfin Grill), and relax with the musical musings of local musicians. We’ll wrap up the meal with a traditional King Cake before you head downstairs to the ball room.
2020 Krewe du Bleu Menu
- Crab and Oyster Casserole with Mushrooms, Artichoke Hearts, Spinach, Kale, Asiago and Cream
- Catfish with Shrimp Etouffee
- Chicken, Shrimp, and Sausage Gumbo
- Braised Local Beef Sirloin Roast with Sauce Bordelaise
- Blackened Mahi with Toasted Almond Brown Butter Sauce
- Whipped Local Potatoes with Creme Fraiche, Garlic, and Fresh Horseradish (vegetarian)
- Creole Red Beans and Braised Root Vegetables (vegan)
- Tarragon-Saffron Rice Pilaf (vegetarian)
- Traditional Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce
- King Cake